This Saturday September 30th we will be organizing a supplies drive to help people affected by Hurricane María in Puerto Rico.
The owners and staff of two Atlanta Restaurants — Buen Provecho and Porch Light — are organizing relief efforts and transportation logistics to the Island. They are working directly with Unidos for Puerto Rico to coordinate distribution on the ground. The first flight already left this week carrying water and canned goods. A second flight is in the works.
THIS SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 30TH: We will be collecting donations at Norcross Discovery Garden from 9am-12pm. Address: 189 Lawrenceville Street, Norcross, Georgia, GA 30071
Here is the list of supplies needed.
1. Bottled water (any size)
2. Insect repellent
3. Ziplock bag with travel sized toiletries
4. Canned goods (preferably those with a pull top opening)
5. Powdered milk
6. Hand sanitizer
7. Batteries (any size but especially C and D)
8. Baby formula
10. Adult diapers
11. Baby wipes
12. First aid kits
13. Non prescription medicine (for children and adults)
14. Cleaning supplies
15. Feminine hygiene products
16. Duct tape
17. Trash bags
18. Disposable silverware
19. Sheets (only new items please)
20. Towels (only new items please)
21. Battery powered fans (Friends have founds these at Bed Bath and Beyond)
22. Gloves (work or medical)
We are NOT taking clothing or houseware items at this time.
You may also drop off donations during work-hours at:
Porch Light Latin Kitchen: 300 Village Green Cir SE Smyrna, GA 30080 Suite 110
Buen Provecho: 2468 Windy Hill Rd SE, Marietta, GA 30067
If you wish to make a cash donation go to UnidosPorPuertoRico.com